Major update!

After continuous issues with the wiring harness, I decided to replace the wiring harness with a replacement. I also worked out how to rewire an aftermarket switch, that claimed to work for my bike, so that it actually worked like it was supposed to. With the help from my friend (pictured above),  we ensured everything worked properly before I began installing it all into the bike.

The old harness was a corroded mess, with connectors that literally disintegrated as I was unhooking everything. Some of the connectors we can salvage for the new connection parts, but others we will have to hard-wire in. I also discovered an engine ground that wasn’t  connected at all (What? Why?!?), so that’s a definite fix that needs to be fixed in the final wiring. . .

The bike as it sits now:

20160513_105026

Definitely close to finishing it!

All that’s left is:

  • Final wiring work
  • Brakes (Pads, possible replacement of components)
  • Tires (Front and Back)
  • Possibly a Cafe style seat after the bike is running and riding

Keep an eye out for updates!

Advertisements

Author: MotoSquirrel

Motorcyclist, bike lover, overall nerd.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s